Just thoughts and updates on our little family!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Magrath Days

It has been years since I have been able to go to Magrath Days.  I think Bens had just turned 1 in fact!  It was great going and seeing so many family and friends I haven't been able to see in a long time!

It was my 10 year reunion this year so the weekend was kicked off by going to dinner with about half of my graduating class and watching old videos and opening time capsules we made in grade 6.  That was pretty good!  On Saturday we had a float in the parade and were my kids every excited that Mommy was on a float throwing candy to them!  McKay is still playing parade and sits on his big 'truck' (the couch) and throws candy out.  Saturday night he actually went missing and we found him by Nana's garden throwing rocks as candy!

Sunday came and it was time to come back home.  Benson had spent a month at my parents house so we brought him home and left Kimber behind to play with Nana, Papa and 5, yes 5, of her cousins.  Thanks Nana and Papa!!


Now I wasn't around for the parade pictures but Kimber looks like she is learning the beauty queen wave.


Already raking in the loot!  All the kids got tons of candy!  Pretty much better than Halloween!


My float, good ol' class of '03!


I saved my candy for my family and was tapped out quickly!  Waving to everybody.




I missed this kid a lot!


These two sure did miss each other!  I love the bond that they have.  Benson can just get her laughing so hard!


A little bit of cheese to go with the Beef on a Bun dinner the town put on.


There are many reasons I love this picture.  Taylor for one and Bill of course wearing Audrey's hat.


An even better shot of Bill in Audrey's hat.


This girl can be entertained for hours with a bottle of water!


Kimber did not want her picture to be taken.


I kept shooting until I got a smile out of her!


McCoy Boy being funny.  He was pretty attached to my cousin Jessie, it was really sweet.


I missed this toothy grin while Bens was away!


Papa shared some candy and special cuddles with Kimber.


Bens was calling for help as his legs were stuck, naturally I laughed and took a picture.



McKay's turn for candy and snuggles with Papa.

We ended Saturday with fireworks.  We got the kids up and took them with us and they loved watching them.  Taylor perched up on Daniel's stomach making cute noises.  I am looking forward to going to more Magrath Days now that we are living closer to home!

No comments: