Just thoughts and updates on our little family!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

We Made It!

Hello everybody!  Just want to write a little bit to let you know that we are still alive.  No pictures this time but I have a bunch to add once we have settled into our new place.

We made the long drive from Portland starting on Wednesday.  We drove all the way to Nanton Alberta for those that are familiar with Southern Alberta.  We got a dive of a motel for the night but it served its purpose.  We got up and went to my brother BJ's house on Thursday morning.  It was nice to see him and my other brother and his family came out there for lunch.  I met my newest niece as well.  It was great seeing them all!

After lunch we were onto Edmonton!  We have been able to see all of Daniel's and my immediate family that is in the area.  We are looking forward to being closer to all of them!

Friday morning Daniel had some help unloading the truck into our new apartment.  Unfortunately we weren't able to actually unpack as the carpet cleaner came and cleaned the carpets while they were there.  The carpets are dry now so we spent the afternoon over there setting up beds and moving some of the heavier furniture to where we want it.  Kimber's room is pretty well set up.  All I have left is to find some the wall decorations and then put up her curtains.  McKay's bed is all set up and bedding done and what not but I have yet to find Benson's mattress protector.  I know that it is somewhere!  It is nice to actually feel like we are making progress.

McKay has grown up so much this week.  On Sunday he started crawling so he is all over the place now!  He also started to walk while holding onto our hands.  I am in denial that he is actually getting that old.

That is all for now.  Hopefully I will find our camera and take pictures of our new place before too long.  I will have to show you the yard as well.  Yes we actually have one, well compared to what we had at least!  I also have a friend back there.  He is taller than I am and his name is Thistle.  I think I will be getting rid of him and our other friend Dandy Lion soon though.  Both of these are at least my height if not taller.  We have some work ahead of us!!

No comments: