Just thoughts and updates on our little family!

Friday, November 4, 2011

One of THOSE weeks...

I have been in a slump this week.  Really agitated and not any fun to be around.  Wednesday was a good kick in the pants... well maybe a rip in the pants as that is what happened to my one and only pair of jeans that fits me.  I sat down to change McKay's diaper and I heard my pants give way.  I only got them at Christmas.

Yesterday I started feeling a little bit better.  Daniel took me out to DQ for a blizzard.  As my birthday is coming up we got a bogo coupon that helped us justify buying them.  This morning I was feeling even better.  I came down and found Benson snuggled in my blanket on the couch trying to get some more sleep.  It was so cute!

Can I just say that my kids are not perfect and neither am I.  I have always prided myself on the fact that my kids don't play with scissors and would never cut their own hair.


Well that is what I thought before this morning.  As I was talking to my cute Benson all snuggled up in my blanket and took a close look at that adorable face and his hair Brooke and I cut last Friday and what did I see?  A patch of hair missing that was cut right down to the scalp!!!!  This picture doesn't even do it justice!  To Benson's defence he immediately told me where I could find the scissors and they are up very high now.


Taped confession.  Before.


After... and explaining why he did it.  Grandma aslo came over to help me give the haircut as I wasn't sure how short to take his hair!


Yesterday McKay got his first time out.  Kids are so cute in their first time out as they don't know what it is and have fun sitting there on the step swinging their feet.  I figure that now is the time to get him used to time outs so later on when he really needs them he understands them.

Today McKay got his second time out, it was for the same offense so I am being consistant.  I put him back on the step a couple of times and then said he could come out.  At which point Benson decided it was a good idea to play with McKay on the step.  Next thing I know McKay is laid out on the floor bawling not moving and Benson is sitting right beside him.  I went over and got after Benson and then picked up McKay to find blood all over his face and hands.  His lip cut open and was bleeding pretty badly.

Benson is at school now sporting his new haircut (which will be re-cut next week to even it out some more) and McKay is sleeping in his crib.  McKay got a wonderful lunch that consisted mainly of freezies.  Good thing I got those to hand out at Halloween!

Kimber was pretty good today and kinda floated around the caos.  She has needed attention, I guess she is feeling like a middle child today.

Hopefully sometime this weekend I will get to go shopping to get new jeans so I have some pants to wear besides work out clothes.  Hopefully Benson will start getting into less mischief, and hopefully McKay will feel a lot better and his fat lip will go down a bit.

Well 27 years old can only get better from here when 26 is ending like this, right?  Oh, the cougar comments can be spared this year, I really don't have the sense of humour to deal with them right now.  Just a warning.

Here's to a better day, week and year!

3 comments:

Brandon and Bethany said...

Oh, too funny, Sterling just had his first time out a little over a week ago. So cute. :)
I hope you start feeling better. ;) *loves*

sharleen said...

Hopefully your birthday is a nice pick me up. At least you have something special to look forward to when you are having a bad week. I treated myself to a huge superstore chocolate bar the other week when I was feeling down- it helped until Ian found it in my drawer where I had stashed because I didn't want to share... he laughed about it but I felt like a big pig! There was 2 pieces left and I happily gave them to him:)
I hope you have a wonderful bday, hopefully we can give you our best wishes in person over the computer.
Love Sharleen

Kathy said...

ahhhh Cheltz - fortunately hair will grown, timeouts become better and when your down the only way to go is up. Wish I could hug you for your birthday! Did you try the second hand shop for pants? You can get 3 for the price of one new pair and you always know what they will fit like after they are washed cuz they are already washed! Anyway, love you and hope we can chat sometimes today or tomorrow.