Just thoughts and updates on our little family!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Long over due!

No, no, the post is long over due!

Bens and I made up to Canada safely. My parents came and picked us up this past weekend and we made it back on Saturday. It was a long trip and a little eventful but it went pretty smoothly.

Let's see a few highlights of the trip... running out of gas in the middle of no where. Somebody knew we needed gas and charged us $5/gal! Yikes, that was steep but got us to where we needed to go. Once in Montana we almost hit two horses and a herd of cows. A little while later we hit a small bird and then a badger (not sure what it was but it was about the size of a badger). As we drove by a local saloon in Babb Montana we saw some horses tethered up outside and one cowboy was still sitting on his horse. Wish I had a picture of that one!

Daniel is doing well in Portland. We have great friends that have been keeping their eye on him and making sure he is taken care of. Thank you so much! It makes me feel a little better being up here! He is also going to be doing a lot of tutoring in the coming week so that will help him study and it will bring a little bit of the green stuff.

Today I went to the Dr in Lethbridge and heard that everything is normal. Yay, I am normal! Well at least our baby is! Anybody that has been around me the past few months knows that I didn't like my Dr in Portland so it nice be back with my Dr up here where I feel comfortable.

Here are a few pictures that I meant to post last week but that was a lost cause to do anything but pack!

Daniel and Bens chillin on the couch. Bens was snuggled right in but squirmed for the picture!

This was taken right before the Father and Son's camp out a week and a half ago. Bens was having fun playing on the seats while they were in the house.

During the really hot spell in Portland Bens was known to be just wearing his diaper to help beat the heat!

This picture is mainly for me since I don't have Daniel with me I needed to have a picture of him. Bens was snuggled in beside him until the camera came out. I tried to also not go my tummy in the way but I guess that was a little much to ask for!

Last Thursday Bethany threw a baby shower for me and she did an amazing job! Thanks so much! Bethany had white onesies that everybody decorated and then pinned up with barrettes on the ribbon. Bethany thanks so much!

While my parents were down in Portland they bought Bens a pool and put sand in it in our backyard. There is a tarp that we pull over to keep cats and rain out. Bens fell in love with it!


Here Nana is playing with Bens and his new toys. It will be nice to let Bens go play in the yard while I take care of our new little girl.

Well I should be off. Dinner is almost ready. I will try and get a picture of me up soon to show the tummy. Have a good day!

PS Here is my stroke of genius for the week... I packed three pairs of pants that I will hopefully fit in to after the baby comes but forgot to pack any maternity pants! I have a skirt and pajama pants. A friend up here is bringing me some pants to borrow tonight... thank goodness!

2 comments:

Kimber said...

I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well! It must be a relief to be in Canada. I understand needing to have a picture of Daniel on your blog. Matt is traveling a lot, and Melissa and I look at his picture several times a day. It seems to help. :o) I can't wait to see pictures of Benson as a big brother!

Joanne said...

so you need to come and visit soon! I have some more clothes for the baby and the kids can come and play- oh yeah bring your mom too !!!