Just thoughts and updates on our little family!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Home... for a bit!

We made it home after a wonderful vacation! Bens and I are only here until Thursday though when we go down to Utah for my cousins wedding.

We spent a week in the Okanagan and enjoyed the beautiful lake. Bens didn't like getting in the water but once he did he would swim around with his water wings. He liked to get into two man dingies and float around with his Auntie Rachel or Uncle Jordan. He was such a good sport! He has a nice little tan now.

Our first day at the cabin Daniel and I went across the lake with a bunch of his cousins and Aunts and Uncles to go cliff jumping. I have never been interested in doing that so I jumped off a rock that ranged from 6 to - 2 inches from water level. I was goofing around and therefore my thigh hit the water weird. Luckily I was the only one to have an "injury" of sorts.

On Benson's 15 month birthday (July 26) we went and visited Daniel's Aunt Heidi at her new cabin on the Okanagan Lake. We had a lot of fun playing in sand, swimming and just relaxing. Benson especially liked being able to play in the sand. He liked grabbing handfuls of sand and dropping them beside him. He was really cute!

Daniel and Daddy Danny (Daniels new name for his dad!) helped in the beginning stages of putting a play set together. Once all the landscaping is done it will be a beautiful little spot. There is a nice little swimming area shelter by rocks that we were able to play in.

On Wednesday we made our way to Edmonton and made it back in time to greet Jared at the airport. He came home from his mission in Carlsbad, California. It was great seeing him again. It was neat seeing Benson and Jared together as they had not met yet. Jared was good with him but unsure how to hold him.

We finally made back here yesterday and have unpacked and done wash. Now it is time for me to pack up for our trip to Utah. I am flying back next Thursday so I won't be gone from Daniel too long! It will be nice to home again but I am looking forward to the wedding! Anyways, I should be off. Have a wonderful week!


On our way to the Okanagan... what a cutie!



Having fun in the sun!



Bens wasn't too sure if he wanted to play with the pool noodle!



Having fun with Uncle Jordan and Mom on the water trampoline.



Bens loved being around Cocoa the dog... he would stick his hands in the cage and poke Cocoa. She was a good sport about it!


No comments: