Just thoughts and updates on our little family!

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Heritage Days

On Saturday we went to Heritage Days down at Hawrelak Park.  They have over 50 pavillions (tents) set up to visit and get to know many of the cultures that Edmonton has.  When you get there you can buy food tickets and as you go around you spend between 2-8 tickets for different food and drinks.  We had a lot of fun.  Daniel and I have never been to it together and the kids enjoyed riding on the bus and walking around.

I will try and mention the countries that I show but I don't remember all of them.




Japanese drumming.  It was really impressive!  I could feel the big drums in my chest.




T was eating her foot.



All three kids resting.


When we went to the Netherlands.


Yummy Mango Orange slushy.  McKay eventually stopped asking for it and would push it away if you gave it to him.  I didn't mind, more for me!


Indian dancing.  This was a dance that was actually from Pakistan.


Bens pointed out the boy and girl and said he like the boy better because he was gold.  Now I am not sure if there really is a gender difference or not so please don't take offence if he was wrong!

I really wanted to go to Heritage Days last year but thought it would be better not to as you have to take the bus to get in there and if I had gone into Labor that would have been difficult!  As it turns out I had Taylor on the holiday Monday.  (Heritage Days runs Saturday through Monday.)

No comments: