Just thoughts and updates on our little family!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Taylor Mae

For all of you eagerly awaiting, I introduce to you Taylor Mae.  The birth story will come later but here are a few pictures for your enjoyment!


Just before heading into the hospital.  I was super psyched to be going in with a definite end in sight!


Miss Taylor minutes old getting checked out.
She weighed 8 lbs 9 oz, 21 " long and was born at 4:52 pm.
Interesting side note, Benson and Kimber are both born on the 26 of the month, Daniel and McKay share their birthday, the 14, and Taylor and I were both born on the 6 of the month.


Happy to be all wrapped up after her initial check.


The Bateman Frown.


Taylor and Mommy having some snuggle time.  I love her so much!  Here we are settling into our room.


The kids came by this morning to meet Taylor.  Kimber loves to hold "baby Tayor".  She lasts a few seconds and then is ready to leave.  She is really good at telling us she is done though and has you take her before she moves on.  On our way home Kimber got super excited and told us "Baby Tayor wake up, her look at me!" I hope this excitement continues!


Benson spending some time with Taylor.  He really was enjoying it although he doesn't look like it!  More than anything he was looking forward to watching a movie on our portable DVD player we just got.  He kept asking to watch something on it I made him a deal that he could watch something when he came to the hospital to see us.


Taylor all ready to go home.

McKay didn't pay much attention to Taylor in the hospital but once we were home he was hovering over her carseat and just staring at her and loving her to bits and pieces.  I think I am going to have to keep a close eye on him though.  I put him on my lap to take his sandals off and the transformation of being my baby to here's my little boy happened!  How quickly that happens!

She is such a good little girl!  She cried when she was first getting checked out but that was about it until she had her bath a few hours later.  It is amazing how quickly babies can grab your heart and have you wrapped around their little finger.  Just a short little blurb about the delivery, I went from 4 cm to pushing in about an hour and a few pushes later she was out.  It amazes me that after going so much pain that I can just love her so much.  Then I take one look at her and think, who wouldn't?  She is a real blessing to our family and we are excited to get to know her.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

thanks for texting us with the details yesterday - it made me feel like I was part of what was going on. She is adorable!