Just thoughts and updates on our little family!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trunk-or-Treat!

Our ward put on a Trunk-or-Treat yesterday for all the kids. It was really fun despite the rain. Surprise... we are in Portland. That is like saying 'we went trick-or-treating even though there was snow' back home. It was great to take the kids out and have it all over with in the afternoon! Thanks Julie for planning it!

Here is our family after making the rounds. Daniel took the kids around while I handed out the candy at our van. Great thing about having a hatch back is that it shelters you in the rain! If any of you guess what Daniel and I are 'Kudos' to you! (Think about it until the end then I will let you know!)



Showing off our Bumble Bee and Puppy dog. Thanks for a friend here in the ward we got to super cute costumes for the kids. Their son in 9ish months old but has been given years worth of costumes! Luckily there was one that would fit each of the kids! There weren't any antennas for Kimber's costume so I just did little pig tails up to instead. She looked so cute!


Bens opted to stay with me at the trunk when Daniel went to get some drinks for us. That should make me feel special but I really know he wanted to sit there and eat his candy. He has been almost inseparable from his bucket since he filled it yesterday!

After our Trunk-or-Treat we went to a party our friends were planning for their church. Bens had a blast running around being chased by 'the bad guys' aka Iron Man. At one point he came up and asked for wings so he could chase the bad guys. I had to tell him no because we didn't have any wings with us. Silly kid!

Finally Daniel and I sporting our costumes. Any last guesses? My costume made more sense when Daniel was around. Not too many got right away that I was a gumball machine when they saw me alone. Thanks to Ali for the suggestion! It was between this and the Staple's easy button. Daniel and I won the 'Spooky Honorable Mention' for best costume at the Trunk-or-Treat. Next year if anybody is needing a costume for a fairly pregnant woman I have got you covered! We have two shirts dedicated to this costume now!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

that is pure genius! i'm just glad I didn't have to worry about fitting into anything this year!!!!