Just thoughts and updates on our little family!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Kimber Anne

Today marks a big milestone in Kimber's life thus far. She turn the ripe old age of 1. Really has it been that long since she joined our family?

I have been feeling particularly nostalgic about her birthday. I haven't felt quite like this with any of Benson's birthdays so this is kinda odd for me. I suppose it is because she is my little girl!

She has been such a delight to have in our family. She has been a relatively good baby and we always knew if she was crying it was for a reason! Now that is starting to change as she has found that whining can get what she wants.

Kimber loves to give us hugs, especially when she gets up from naps and in the mornings. Sometimes she will go up to smaller babies (aren't most smaller than her though?) and give them hugs as well. She has developed an interest in putting things away. She sat for about 30 minutes the other day putting Bens' blocks back in his bin for him while he kept taking them out!

Kimber has been a great eater! She didn't enjoy solid foods at first but after about a week she would eat whatever she was given... even if she didn't want it! To date she will still eat an entire jar of food if you feed it to her even though she isn't that interested in it. Although sleep will trump that once in awhile and she will conk right out in her high chair!

Here are a few pictures of her over the past year. I don't even know when she grew up so much! I will post her birthday party pictures and videos soon and you can see how much she has grown up even since the last picture on here that is about a month or so old.

If you can't tell, I really love my Kimber girl!

Weighing in a year ago at 8 lbs 12 oz.

Wrapped up in the hospital. To be honest when I first saw her I didn't recognize her. Now all I can see in this picture is her... with a bit of Gramps thrown in!

Mommy time. One of my personal favorites!

Bens has been in love with his sister since day one! He always wants to play with her and help her, sometimes to a fault! He was protective of her right from the start as well and would try and stop people from looking at her at first... then he realized they were just looking and not taking!

Tummy time. Pretty well only happened if she was asleep. Kimber looks a lot like my sister in this picture!

Starting to grow up. This was the first time I actually did her hair.

About 4 or 5 months old here and looking Pretty in Pink!

Our second chunky monkey. She got to wear Bens' Halloween costume and she made it look so good!

Sitting up so well by herself around 8 months or so. I miss putting her somewhere and knowing she was still there! She started crawling around 10 months old and hasn't stopped. She is working on walking with furniture!

Her grumpy face! It is still so cute!


Kimber is so beautiful and serene here. She is content like this a lot so I could not ask for more!

On more of a side note, I was planning on giving Kimber a "present" today of nursing one last time. I have felt done nursing for a few weeks if not more than a month! We were so close to her birthday that I thought I would keep going. On Thursday night she gave me a present instead by refusing to nurse. She drank her sippy of milk and went to bed quite nicely. I have freedom at last... for a few more months at least! So Thank-You Kimber!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Awwww - I want a hug! Thanks for posting this blog - she is a dear little girl! Love you all. Nana

sharleen said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kimber! That was such a sweet post...I sure miss you guys!
Sharleen