Just thoughts and updates on our little family!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Birthday Week Continued!

So to start off here are a couple of cute pictures of the kids. Bens sure does love to be with his sister and help her. Sometimes he wants to help a little too much but I think his intentions are good!





Kimber found her mouth last week but when I got the camera going she stopped making raspberries. When the camera was off she started again and I tried again... of course she stopped!

So Daniel's birthday was this weekend. We had a good celebration here. He had a nice lazy morning didn't get out of bed until 11! Soon after we went to McMinnville to partake in the wonder called Donkey Basketball. It was pretty funny as people tried to control their donkeys as they played basketball. Some had a difficult time getting onto their donkey's and staying on which made it quite humorous to watch. I don't think we will need to watch it again unless we know somebody that will be playing.



Before we left for the basketball game I let Bens play in the sink. I stripped him down and then put a picnic tablecloth under him to catch any water. He had a great time. By the end he had the strainer on the counter to the right and was filling it up with water with the measuring cup he is holding in the video. I was not impressed and had to clean it all up. I thought I had covered all my bases but of course Bens found a way to out smart me!


Bens fell asleep on our way to McMinnville. I just love his pouty lip!



Before we went to watch the basketball we went to my Aunt and Uncles house. Bens was our entertainment as he walked, ran and bounced in his special 'boots'.


He was pretty cute walking around in these!

After the basketball game (sorry no pictures!) we went out to eat at a buffet with my Aunt and Uncle. Boy did we take our time! We got there at 5 left at about 6:30. I then told Daniel that I needed to feed Kimber before we drove the 20 minutes home! I took a good 20 minutes to feed her and then insisted that we get gas as 'I had a feeling we were going to need it' on Sunday.

When we got home I kept asking Daniel to help me and wait for me but he opened the door to the house as I got to the sidewalk and heard 'surprise' from inside. I have been planning on doing a surprise party for Daniel since last year! I almost pulled it off. I guess he kinda figured it out about a week ago but Saturday morning I guess I said something that threw him off. I think he had a good birthday!



His cakes that I made. Oh I was sneaky... I asked Daniel what his favorite ice cream was besides Chocolate Mint was a few days before his birthday. I bought some Strawberry ice cream and Chocolate Mint and went to Bethany's (thanks for all your help Bethany!) and made him some ice cream cakes for his birthday. Next time I think I will use smaller pans but it turned out pretty good despite not being able to get the crust out when we served it. That just left more for Daniel and I to enjoy this week!



Here are a few of the guests that stuck around a little while. Thanks everybody for making Daniel's birthday a success! Daniel has told me that I did a really good job keeping the surprise a secret. He got tipped off by not being able to go into my email but other than that I gave no clues!

PS can you tell I have been enjoying my camera? oh and Mom... in the birthday song video I am wearing my new sweater I bought for my birthday.

1 comment:

Brittany Roscheck said...

I love the picture of your kids together. They look so cute.