Just thoughts and updates on our little family!

Friday, October 23, 2009

For any that wonder.


30 years ago this oh so beautiful dress was given to my Mom as she was leaving Samoa from a dear friend. Upon landing in American Samoa my Mom sent it back with the pilot to give a late Christmas present to her friend. That is where this all began. The Dress has been passed back a forth ever since. It has shown up in an empty closet as we moved into a new house, boxes of decorations, at someone's work all wrapped up and waiting for them. It even surfaced at my wedding disguised as a gift for me. A couple of Christmas' ago my family made this picture into a puzzle and gave it to our friends... the dress soon came to grace their home. A few years after this was started my Mom shortened the dress and took some of the material from the ties and made a baby dress for a new baby. The baby dress resurfaced yesterday in a baby gift for Kimber. She also got a very cute swimsuit!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

i have even worn "the Dress" for halloween one year. sweet deal and cutie patootie Kimber really pulls it off!!!!!

Brandon and Bethany said...

I think it's a pretty cute dress. While the actual dress is.. not so cute. I like the print. :-) She should totally wear it.

Kathy said...

ah Chelsea - what a surprise to see our family photo on your blog - that beach has suffered a wipeout from the tsunami of Sept 30.