Just thoughts and updates on our little family!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Playtime!

We finally got a playroom together for the kids.  Daniel worked really hard last Thursday and the kids have loved playing down there ever since.


Daniel was looking for some carpet to put down there but long story short that didn't work out.  He went to Wal-Mart instead and bought the colored mats.  Daniel's brother Jared gave us the love seat that we put down there.  It is nice to have down there for us when we are watching them.

Only problem I see with it is that Kimber can't open the doors or turn on/off the lights.  Yesterday she wanted to put a couple of toys back in there that she had brought upstairs and sat on the bottom step just bawling.  She has been pretty good at perfecting her crying.  On Monday she started crying when Benson left for school.  I told her that he was going to school to which to retorted pointing to herself and bawling, "My school!"  I told her she could maybe go next year if she started going potty on the toilet and talked better.  She went to the bathroom and sat on the toilet with no success.  Yesterday Daniel took McKay out for a few minutes and she started bawling again.  I told her I need some help singing songs because I didn't think I knew them.  I asked if she knew them and she cried "Yes".  I then asked if she would help me sing them and she cried "No".  It was so pitiful!

McKay has been a sad boy lately too, with good reason.  He pushed his 5th tooth through this week.  It wasn't the tooth I was expecting though so we are still waiting for more to pop through.  He is getting too grown up!  My niece Naomi is turning one in a week and just makes me realize that McKay's birthday is coming quickly behind it.  I don't know when he grew up!



Daniel is doing well.  We are waiting for his license to come through.  It seems like it never will but I am enjoying having Daniel home so much.  He is working 2 days a week at the clinic doing non chiropractic related work.  Oh, we got a second recliner so now we watch TV like an old married couple side by side in our recliners.  Have to say that I am loving it!

Not too much else is going on here.  We are enjoying being so close to our family.  The weather is in full swing fall which is nice.  I am just waiting for the morning that we wake up to snow though.  What are the chances it will wait until after Halloween?  Pretty slim I think!!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

I'm glad you are settled and doing well. we are going to swing by on fri afternoon. I'll call you to see if you are home! i'd love to see all of this stuff in person!! ciao till then.

Kathy said...

Love the play room - especially that all the toys were in their boxes still. Love ya, Mom

sharleen said...

Nice playroom! I am jealous though...they go down there and play for hours?! My kids maybe last 30/45 mins before they are looking for me.