Just thoughts and updates on our little family!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

August thus far.

Keep going after this post as I have done 3 postings today!!

So we are starting to get settled in here in Edmonton.  First I want to say Thank You to all our friends in Portland.  I really couldn't have made it through all of the packing/cleaning without all of you help!

Meaghan was awesome and kicked us out of our house when we finished the cleaning.  She arranged for sleepovers for Benson and Kimber and then Daniel, McKay and I slept at her house so we could just be done at the apartment and could just get up and go the next morning.  My Father-in-law also flew down and helped with loading the truck and then drove the truck to Edmonton in one straight shot.  Thanks to Rob and Rachel, well Rob as Rachel was gone, who let him crash there so he could get up early and leave.

My in-laws found us a town house and made all the arrangements for us to get in early and get settled in so quickly.  I feel really blessed to have such amazing in-laws!  I love you!

Daniel is settling in really well at the office.  He has a lighter schedule for now as he can only be there when Curtis is.  Once he is licensed he will go in a lot more.  For now I enjoy his 3 day week and long lunches!!

Other than settling in we have been pretty busy.  We were lucky enough that Curtis decided to take 1 day off which meant Daniel had almost a week off from work so we went out to Gram's cabin in the Okanagan.  While we were there we met some cousins from England and took them to Fintry which is nearby and climbed the stairs to the falls.  I would say hike but it was just stairs.  I had never done it so Daniel said we should go.


I had the camera on the wrong setting so most of these are blurry.  Sorry!


McKay was sleeping to Grandma stayed with him at the cabin so here are the rest of us on one of the platforms.



I was not wanting to have my picture taken as I was just waiting to get into the lake and wash my hair.  Daniel really wanted to have documentation that I actually went to Fintry so here we go.  I was there!


My Father-in-law being a good sport wearing Kimber's hat.

We loved being at the lake and regret that the trip was so short!  We are looking forward to going back out there next summer!  Daniel enjoyed getting out behind the boat again.  He wakeboarded, slalomed, and surfed.  I was finally convinced to go kneeboarding.  They have a kneeboard that the rope hooks onto so you don't have to hold yourself on the rope while you get up.  Perfect for me!  I went out 2 different times, the first time ended by me getting hit by my elbow (?) on my thigh and getting an insta bruise which is finally going away after a week and the last time by my arms getting tired and I let go and waved to them as the drove off.  It was fun.

I have been enjoying being so close to family.  Brooke stopped by yesterday on her way to Wal-Mart so I offered to look after Naomi while she did her shopping.






Kimber loves Naomi but she can be a bit of a bully so I have to keep an eye on her.  I did her hair which she wasn't a fan of but she looked cute!




McKay started to wave at me so I got out the camera and got mesmerized by the camera.  He is growing up way too fast.  He has 3 teeth now, 4 and 5 should be coming through any day now though.  He is crawling all over the place army style but tries to get up on all 4's.  The other day we went swimming and he was crawling on all 4's in the shallow end so he can do it.  He has also started to pull himself up on stuff.  My days with a stationary baby are quickly coming to an end!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

yeah - thank you - I feel so far away!
Love, Mom