Just thoughts and updates on our little family!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Seattle

So I don't have any pictures for this one but trust me it was tons of fun and beautiful!

Thanks to Bethany we had a girls weekend last week up in Seattle.  Julie, McKay and I went with Bethany and spent the night at Bethany's Aunt's house and then we went out on the town the next day.  Yes McKay came with us.  Daniel offered to keep him here for me but that would have been more work than it would have been worth... especially since McKay has never had a bottle!


Yes, I just took this off the web... I couldn't NOT share a picture.... it was too fun!
We had a great time chatting and playing games on Friday night.  Saturday was B-E-A-utiful though!  The sun was shining, a light breeze and we were in Pike Place Market.

One of the highlights was McKay's special friend!  Julie told me was taking McKay's picture so I looked over my shoulder and saw someone walking away with their small camera on.  Creepy!  Then Julie said it again and I looked the other way to start walking and their was a lady right in front of me with a big SLR camera taking pictures.  I had him in a Bjorn facing out so his blue eyes were staring out at everybody.  About 5 minutes later after Bethany and Julie tried to lead us away and me finally just holding McKay's head so he was looking at the camera we made our escape!  Wish I had copies of the pictures though!

I saw a shirt I wanted to get for Daniel but I could easily make one.  "Trust Me, I'm A Doctor", how fitting?

We then made our way to Kerry Park that looks over the water and downtown to have a picnic.  It was beautiful and it felt so great to soak in that sun after our dreary, sunless winter!  McKay and I got a little sunburned!  I forgot to bring sunscreen for us but I tried to keep McKay in the shade as much as I could.

The rest of the day was shopping and dinner.  It was great... I also realized that I have a hard time spending money on things for me now though.  I can easily think of reasons to buy clothes and stuff for the kids but when it comes to me I can't justify spending the money.  I think Daniel was happy I didn't buy anything.

Speaking of Daniel, he is in Montreal right now taking the last of his Canadian Board exams.  He flew out yesterday and yes he slept in the airport as something is going on there making hotels way expensive.  Tonight and tomorrow he is sharing a hotel with some classmates.  He is taking the first of his exams right now.

This coming week is going to be busy!  Daniel gets home on Monday just in time to take a final.  Tuesday holds and OSCE (I don't know if that is actually how it is spelt) test for a grad requirement.  The rest of the week is finals.  Thursday Daniel's grandparents are coming into town as Daniel's commencement ceremony is next Saturday.  To end it all on a great note it will be Father's Day.

My week consists of McKay's shots Monday morning and trying to make it to playgroup plus picking Daniel up from the airport.  Tuesday I meeting up with my cousin at the zoo.   Then preparing for company and graduation.

We are looking forward to our break though!  We will be celebrating Kimber's birthday while Daniel works a sports event down in Salem.  We also will be taking "our" piano back to my Aunt and Uncles... I am sad to be parting ways with having a piano in my home.  One day I will have one again!  We will also be packing and getting things ready for our move.

Well I think that about covers it all for now.  That was long and wordy, sorry!  Hope you are all having a great weekend and if you aren't just think of me alone with three kids for four days!  Adult conversation is welcome!  Maybe that is why I just keep on writing things.  Well, adios!

2 comments:

Wutzke Family said...

you played games? who are you?

Kathy said...

what cousin are you hooking up with?