Just thoughts and updates on our little family!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Countdown!


So our little Benson man has been super excited that his Nana and Papa are coming to visit next week. Over the past few weeks he has looked out the window at the sound of every car thinking that Nana and Papa were here. We have endured a few melt downs of tears when he finds out it wasn't them and that he had to wait for "2 more nursery's" before they came. We have made more than one call to my parents house to talk to them to help him calm down.

Last week my Mom called me back after one of these phone calls and suggested that we make a paper chain for Benson as a count down. It has worked wonders! We sat down on Thursday and colored some construction paper and glued them together and immediately got to rip one of them off.


Here is the first day getting to rip one off.

He loves having me draw snowmen for him. Showing off his first chain. Only 10 days to go!

Yesterday Bens insisted that we take more pictures of the paper chain. 7 days and only 1 nursery to go!

For the life of me I couldn't get him to hold the paper any farther down!

I think next time we won't tell him we are having visitors until a few days before they come!! Have a great day!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Cute - thanks for sharing the visual part as well as talking to him about it. Love, Mom

Jenny said...

That's a great idea. I think I will use it!

Brittany Roscheck said...

Cute idea. Can't wait to use it.

Brittany Roscheck said...

Cute idea. Can't wait to use it. Your kids are looking so cute.