Just thoughts and updates on our little family!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tricky Man!

So the past few days have been eventful here. We will start with Sunday night!

Benson woke up around 11:30 crying. It was a different cry so we went in and took his brace off and I sat with him for about 15 minutes just cuddling. In the morning I went in to get him up but couldn't open the door. I wish I had taken a picture because words can't give this justice. Bens had thrown the mattress out of the playpen so it was blocking the door. The sheet was on the opposite side of the playpen. His blankets and stuffed animals were thrown onto the ground as well. I looked at him and realized he had taken his socks (both pairs) and his pants were off! Too top this off there were holes in the side of the playpen that were a couple of inches in diameter and the mattress protector had some plastic ripped off. Yikes! So Benson started sleeping in the crib in the laundry room on Monday.

On Tuesday we went swimming at the town pool. Benson looked so cute in his water wings! I tell you I have never been hugged so much as when we were swimming on Monday! (That says a lot considering how Daniel and I started dating!) Benson started yawning in the pool so we came home and he went down for a nap. I started to clean the bathroom just as Benson woke up so I hurried so all the cleaning products would be away before I got him out. I walked into the laundry room and the crib was at an angle (we took the wheels off to stop him from rolling it around the room) and the crib was empty. I look around and see books and puzzles on the ground and Benson standing in his sleeping bag/robe holding a badminton racket! He then quickly made a dash out of the room!

The solution - He is back in a playpen and has a lightweight sleeping bag/robe (it's a sleeping bag that has arm holes and comes right up to the neck) to keep his brace from making holes in it. He is still throwing everything out if he is left in there too long!

Oh, well! Really all I can do is laugh! I wished I had gotten pictures of all this but I was stunned in the moment!

We went swimming again yesterday and Bens did a lot better! He let me hold his tummy and let him float around. I let him go sometimes while he concentrated on everything around him. He is doing really well! Hopefully I will have a water baby by the end of the summer!

No comments: