Just thoughts and updates on our little family!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Edmonton Fun

We had a great time visiting with family in Edmonton the past two weeks. I have finally downloaded all our videos and pictures so here we are with our third post of the day!

The first weekend we were up was the wedding and we stayed at my sister's house so everybody could have their own bed/room before the wedding. Thank you Brooke for hosting us... even though you never read my blog unless I am at your house and pull it up for you and force you to look at it.

The next week we moved over to Daniel's families house... only Daniel was back in Portland. The kids and I had a great time. Jordan quickly became the favorite in the house. We aren't sure if it was because he was the closest to Daniel's build (Kimber hugged him every time she saw him) or if it was because he had an iPod for the kids to play games on!



I introduced Kimber to one of my favorite Canadian treats... Ketchup chips. I didn't get her initial reaction which was funny but she is pretty cute in this clip!



Bens found Gramps' bike helmet one afternoon and wouldn't leave it alone. Have you seen Mermaids? This reminds me of Kate (Christina Ricci) walking around with the pumpkin on her head saying "Rachel Flax!"




We stopped by my sister's work on our last full day in town and visited while I got my new glasses... pictures to come (?). They had a great time playing in this cupboard and actually found a power bar for Brooke that her work was needing.



Kimber really loves her uncle! She had us laughing pretty hard! Kimber was doing this for about five minutes and this is just a minute of it. Poor Jordan... he is a good sport with the kids!

Brooke came and said good bye to us the night before we flew out so we had to do some belly pictures. Votes... who is due first?

Ok, we had some pretty good expressions on our face during this one but our photographer didn't tell us our heads were being cut off!


Sister's pregnant at the same time! I particularly enjoy that my chest nestles in nicely between hers and her belly. Oh the height difference. Now some of you may understand why I have a short complex when I am really an average height for a woman.

Other highlights of the trip? My parents came up for the long weekend to visit with us. It was great to see them again. We went swimming in Sherwood Park... Millennium Place is a great swimming pool! The kids had a great time in the waves, on the slide and in the lazy river.

Bens also had a bunch of change from Nana to spend at the dollar store and he sure did clean up! We have new cars, balls and puzzles to play with now... Thanks Mom!

Grandma, Daniel's mom, also took the kids shopping for some necessities while we were up there. Silly me, I thought with it being August still that it would be fairly nice weather up there. I was wrong. The kids now have new shoes, socks and sweaters! It was about time to get new ones but it was sad I looked like a slacker mom! I lived life up there with sandals and a pair of Sunday shoes. Daniel picked out a pack of socks for me while shopping with his mom that saved me while walking around the house!

We had a great time back home and now miss it more than before. We are looking forward to moving up there in a year but sure are enjoying being back in Portland for now!

That is all for now. My tailbone is hurting and our little baby boy is bouncing around in my tummy telling me it is time to get out of this chair! Have a good night!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Thanks again for the videos and pictures. We love you all!