Just thoughts and updates on our little family!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Big Kids... When did they grow up!??

I honestly don't know when these two got so big and grown up! Kimber is full on walking now. Until the end of last week she still preferred to crawl but over the weekend she just took off walking all over the place. She also is a pro at climbing up onto the couch so pretty much nothing is off limits to her now!


She loves to lay on the couch like a big kid. You may not be able to tell from this picture but she literally is loving this doll to death. Only the hand that you see is still attached to the doll. The rest she has ripped off and crawls around trying to eat them. Kinda morbid I know but she looks funny crawling around with a foot hanging out of her mouth.


Bens is in a few new stages. First if you ask him to smile he gives an incredibly fake smile. I think he may get that from me! Second he is in the phase of saying "But I want to!" Any suggestions on how to help him out of this phase? I am not a big fan of him hitting my table with utensils, or hitting me and Kimber etc and then say "But I want to!" He is a fun kid now. He just made a fort out of a table and a laundry basket. What a clever boy!


I recently trimmed Kimber's bangs again. I mad less of them so her hair will grow out of the semi mullet she has going. This has made her look so much older! Just yesterday somebody told me that even in the past few weeks she has started looking older because of her facial expressions. What a cutie!

Her hair is also officially long enough for pigtails! They stay in nicely as long as she isn't rubbing her head on her carseat, crib etc.

I painted her toe and finger nails for the first time today. She looks really cute with pink nails! I painted them for our big weekend. Daniel's brother is getting married on the weekend so we are flying up to Edmonton tomorrow. It will be Kimber's first flight and Benson's second so it should be interesting! I will be up in Edmonton for 2 weeks while Daniel comes back down for classes next week. We are looking forward to spending time with our family. I will have to post after the wedding what I have made for my new SIL. I do have to say that I did a pretty good job so stay tuned for that, next week maybe? It may not be until I get back in 2 weeks though.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Her pigtails are adorable! Thanks for posting - I love viewing the blog.Travel safely - I know I just talked to you on the computer - I miss those kids!